Who does Kansas RBI serve?

Kansas RBI targets youth and families from communities all over the Greater Kansas CIty Metro area targeting Wyandotte County and the Kansas side of the KC metro. Kansas RBI is currently for boys and girls ages 3-18 and includes t-ball, coach pitch, and kid pitch divisions.  

Can you participate in Kansas RBI if you do not live in the inner city?

Yes.  Kansas RBI is available for any youth ages 3-18 who reside in the KC metro area and is a program where invisible walls of misunderstanding and other social issues end by giving youth from all waks of life an opporunity to play together and communicate at an early age. 

Is Kansas RBI a non-profit organization?
​Yes. Kansas RBI is a registered 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization, existing under the legal name, Success Achieved in Future Environments (S.A.F.E).  All donations are tax deductible

Is Kansas RBI faith-based?
Yes.  Kansas RBI’s mission and vision are driven by the gospel of Jesus Christ and we provide opportunities for participants to be developed spiritually through our mentoring and discipleship programs.

How is Kansas RBI funded?
Kansas RBI is 98% funded by contributions from individual donors, corporate sponsors, and foundations. Our program revenues account for the other 2% of our budget.

Who Started Major League Baseball’s Reviving Baseball in Inner Cities (RBI) Program?
John Young, a former Major League Baseball player, developed the concept of RBI in 1989 to provide disadvantaged youth an opportunity to learn and enjoy the game of baseball. To read more about how RBI was started click here.

How many RBI programs does Major League Baseball have?
There are approximately 300 Major League Baseball RBI programs established in more than 200 cities worldwide. Since the inception of the program, over 1 million children have participated in MLB RBI programs and annually more than 200,000 boys and girls play in an RBI league.

Who runs other RBI programs?
All RBI programs are run by local organizations including Boys & Girls Clubs, MLB and Minor League Baseball Clubs, faith-based organizations, community-based organizations, independent baseball/softball organizations, and grass roots organizations.  Kansas RBI is under the umbrella of local non-profit, Success Achieved In Future Environments (S.A.F.E).  Kansas RBI is the first and only RBI program in the state of Kansas and it is led by Kansas RBI Executive Director Cle Ross.

What is Kansas RBI’s relationship with Major League Baseball?
Kansas RBI is an affiliate of Major League Baseball’s RBI program. While MLB serves as a resource on many levels for Kansas RBI, it does not provide any funding to Kansas RBI.

How many RBI players have been selected in the MLB-first year player draft?
Since the inception of the RBI program in 1989, MLB clubs have drafted more than 200 RBI participants.

“Reviving Baseball in Inner cities has proven to be a terrific source of professional-level talent for the game over the years.  Between today’s stars and the hopeful young players selected in this year’s draft, the program is steadily achieving the intended goal of giving ballplayers from underserved communities and diverse backgrounds the opportunities to succeed on the field as well as off.”

Allan H. (Bud) Selig, Former- Major League Baseball Commissioner

Alumni currently in the Majors?
RBI alum on MLB rosters during the 2011 season included, Carl Crawford (Dodgers), Covelli “Coco” Crisp (A’s), James Loney (Dodgers), Jimmy Rollins (Phillies), CC Sabathia (Yankees), Yovani Gallardo (Brewers), Justin Upton (Diamondbacks), James McDonald (Pirates), Chris Young (Diamondbacks), Ricky Romero (Blue Jays).

RBI Partners?
The Cal Ripken, Sr. Foundation, New Balance, Pitch in for Baseball, Majestic, Outdoor Cap, Wilson, Louisville Slugger, and Rawlings are supporters of the RBI program. All 30 MLB clubs support the RBI program.

What is the MLB RBI Mission Statement?
Increase participation and interest in baseball and softball among underserved youth.
Encourage academic participation and achievement.
Increase the number of talented athletes prepared to play in college and minor leagues.
Promote greater inclusion of minorities into the mainstream of the game.
Teach the value of teamwork.

Kansas RBI Mission: Kansas RBI seeks to engage and develop underserved Kansas and surrounding area youth spiritually, athletically, and academically, by empowering them to lead the transformation of their communities, through long-term mentor relationships and the game of baseball/softball